- Indian meal moth, in ideal situations the eggs hatch in 2 – 14 days, larvae for 40 – 300 days, then cocoon for 15 before finding their wings and making more moths! They can be identified by their ‘webbing’.
- The dreaded weevil, eggs can hatch within two days. Larvae will develop over 1 – 3 weeks before cocooning. Cocooning or pupation, takes about one week and then the adults will emerge.
- Careful selection of growers who have procedures and management tools to resist ‘the bug’
- Our Warehouse is temperature controlled from our receiver area right through to our dispatch area. The goods are stored in a constant temperature of 14 degrees. Our warehouse is not fumigated to control bugs or insects.
- Our imported organically certified goods are not fumigated. If required our imported foods on arrival may undergo seven days at -18 degrees at the request of AQIS.